Aloompa is the leading provider of turn-key, best-in-class mobile applications for music, food, conference and community focused events in the U.S. and abroad. We love events of all sizes and flavors, and we LOVE to make apps that are functional, beautiful, appropriate, and affordable for any size or type of event. Our primary goal in designing mobile event guides is to eliminate the complications, so that no matter what, even our grandmothers can navigate them with ease. We are always in the kitchen tinkering with new ideas and recipes, trying to create the next best thing in mobile event experiences. We never rest, so why should you? Come and join us in the fun!
Some current clients include Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Electric Forest Festival, Mountain Jam, Hangout Music Fest, Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival, Stagecoach Festival, IEBA Conference, Electric Zoo Music Festival, The Great GoogaMooga Festival, among many others. Take a look at our Facebook page for the latest dose.
Core Features include:
- Interactive Maps: Depending on the size of the festival grounds, we can give an impressive display of all of the Points of Interest on the grounds, complete with descriptions, photos, and any other relevant information.
- My Schedule and Lineup: An easy to use section to display, discover, and navigate the entire event lineup. Make life easier by quickly making your own custom schedule!
- News & Socialize: Stay informed with the latest news related to the event. Users can view the official News Feed for the event, as well as the official social accounts for the event (Facebook and Twitter). Also, users can login with their own credentials and use this section as their social aggregation portal.
- Push Notifications: Apple and Google provide the ability to send notifications directly to an internet-connected iOS or Android device that resemble text messages, even when the app is closed.
- Analytics: Various metrics are viewable to staff that provides the number of times the app is opened and used, time spent in the app, number of uses per specific feature, or anything else that one might want to know.
Sample Add-on options available for 2012/2013:
- - Sponsorship Inclusion
- - RFID Wristband Registration
- - Local Notifications
- - Grid View of the schedule (pretty rad if you ask us!)
- - Custom Festival Radio Station (using current provider or Slacker Radio)
- - Event Weather Forecast
- - Group Me group messaging platform integration (in-app) – http://www.groupme.com
- - CMS/Data Integration with DataFlow Workspace, Marcato Festival, DoStuffMedia, SCHED, event website, etc.
- - iPad version of FestApp features
- - Enhanced Food & Retail views to include Menu Items, Prices, Descriptions, Photos, etc…because I need to know before I walk half a mile!
- - TBD Awesome 2013 features!! Like we said above, we are in the kitchen working vigorously, so get your appetite ready for some good cooking. (and no, we aren’t talking about Arnolds - http://aloo.mp/walktoarnolds)
As apart of all of our products, we give every client a dedicated CMS platform to make updates to the lineup, updates to a vendors food menu, send Push Notifications, News, etc. Each time attendees open the app, it downloads the latest set of data, events and information. This allows for updates to be made easily and delivered seamlessly.
IntegrationsWe know that when running an event, making the best choices for online scheduling is a must. Many events choose from a shortlist of vendors to accomplish this, so we've decided to integrate the 3 we think are on top of their game: Sched, DoStuffMedia, and Gupta Media. Pairing this type integration with our app solves the much-hated monster of double data entry. Of course, we provide our snazzy CMS if you choose not to use a schedule vendor, but when you do choose, we make it easy.
Interactive MapThe Interactive Map takes advantage of all of the capabilities of both the iPhone and Android platforms. This feature displays an easy to use map of the festival grounds. It is GPS connected so users can easily find their location by the familiar "blue dot." Attendees can search for locations or use the distinctive drop pins that link to different stages, retail and food vendors, emergency stations, etc. Since each pin is based off of its exact location, attendees can quickly obtain walking or driving directions to their desired pin. The pin feature also allows for attendees to view the lineup for all days of the event at each specific stage, all within the map.
My ScheduleThe My Schedule section takes into account the wants and needs of each individual person amidst a potentially inconsumable amount of activities. In hopes of making the festival experience an organized and enjoyable one, this feature houses a complete listing of events. Aside from having the full event lineup viewable, users can create and save their own schedule. If a user has already created a schedule online, they have the ability to sync that schedule with the app.
Camera & PhotostreamThis feature allows users to put a custom festival frame around their photos. Its a great way to easily track what photos were taken at the festival and build the festival brand with users and their friends. Users can also upload their framed pictures to the festival's live photostream to share their photo memory with others. Also, for event administrators, this feature allows for easy moderation and categorization of incoming photos.
Socialize ToolThis features main purpose is to bring in all the relevant communication from the event and allow the user the opportunity to view and/or dialog back through their own accounts. Users can view the official News feed for the event, along with the official social accounts for the event like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare. This section can also be used as a personal social aggregation portal, giving users the opportunity to login with their own credentials. Another unique feature of this section is the ability for users to post to their own social accounts "from the 'Event Title' iPhone app." This allows for greater penetration into social networks with users who aren't aware of the app yet.
Retail & Food VendorsThis feature offers a complete list of all the retail and food vendors at the event. Users can view the catalog of vendors by relative location (within the Interactive Map), alphabetical order or by type. Within each vendor profile, event organizers would have the opportunity to list the items sold as well the location "area" on the grounds . This allows attendees to make an educated decision before making the effort to walk to the location. Users also have the opportunity to rate their retailer/food vendor experience with a 1 to 5 star rating as well as a text description if they choose.